Subscribe to Fertility Shmertility

1/16/2006

IVF # 2- Transfer

So I'm on the couch, already bored with bedrest. One more day to go. I did pass the first few hours reading lots and lots of blogs which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now I'm looking to cause trouble but can't find any to cause. B is watching me with an eagle eye. I will be good-I don't have a choice. Today they transferred 5; yes that would be 5 embryos. The doc asked me how many bedrooms we had!!!!! We had 2 perfect 8 cell embryos and then a 7, 6 and 5 cell with minimal fragmentation. They definitely won't have 8 to freeze. They may have none so I think the Dr Ding-Dong was going for it. My hopes are pinned on my 2 perfect embies. Surely at least one of them will burrow into my lining. I went to acupuncture after the transfer. Per protocol. I don't feel anxious right now. (I usually do). We've done our best. My friend just made a comment that my home town in Ireland is probably visible from space because my Mother has lit so many candles in so many churches. There are masses being said for B and I at several churches around the town EVERY DAY!!!!!! The priests must think we've commited some henious sin!!!!!! My Mother is so sweet. She's not praying for a grandchild. She is praying for something that she knows will make B and I happy.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Night FIVE transferred... verrry aggressive (WONDERFUL).

I hope you get twins.

And there will be another candle lit for you tonight.

1/17/2006 04:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats. And your mom is wonderful. Hoping for some stickers.

1/17/2006 05:07:00 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Sounds awesome. Hopefully one of those perfect embryos will stick around (or two even).

Try to enjoy your bedrest (I had a tough time with mine too).

1/17/2006 05:28:00 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

FIVE!

That has to be your new lucky number . . . !!

Send B out for a few cheesy movie rentals . . . hang in there . . . bedrest only sounds fun when you're busy.

1/17/2006 06:18:00 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

PS . . . I just noticed this!

Did you have a premonition on Saturday???

"I'll name that tune in 5!"

1/17/2006 06:20:00 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

FIVE- holy cow. You are a brave woman. I transferred 4 in the PG that was the Cutie Pie, which is the most I've ever transferred.

Bed rest sucks. Its just so hard on your back and no matter how much you shift around, it doesn't make the back feel better.

1/17/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for your five! Good luck surviving your 2ww!

1/17/2006 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger x said...

My thoughts will be with you.
FIVE!!!! I hope the two good ones take, what a bleasing that would be!
I'll be checking back hoping to hear about morning sickness and two lined pg tests!

1/17/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Wow...5!!! Wishing you the best.

That is so sweet of your mother and soon her prayers will be answered.

1/17/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger erinberry said...

Good luck! That's wonderful that your mom is just hoping for your happiness.

1/17/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five -- I'm officially impressed. Fanning-myself-impressed.

Lighting a virtual candle for you, too, my dear. Maybe not quite the conflagration your mum has going, but hey, she IS your mum!

1/17/2006 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

OMG five? Why on earth? Hoping that just two of them stick.

1/17/2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Wowzer! Your mom sounds so sweet.

1/17/2006 12:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is fabulous!!! Rest, rest, rest...

That is so sweet about your mother!

1/17/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider some candles lit over here as well. I hope at least one of those FIVE gets nice and cozy.

1/17/2006 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?