Subscribe to Fertility Shmertility

1/14/2006

PIO, P E E OH

I'll name that tune in 5! Come on now- sing along. Well, the first PIO shot wasn't bad. My best friend M gave it with B watching. He did a few shots into an orange for good measure. The talented M is a great shot giver and I didn't even feel the needle. I just felt some of the PIO itself going into my muscle towards the end of the shot. I heated the spot with my trusty hot water bottle and the area just feels like it is a little bruised today. Today it was B's turn to give the shot with M supervising. She drew a big circle in red marker on each hip so he will have a general target. He did well. He put the needle in a little too slowly which is understandable if you've never stuck a needle in somebody's arse before. I know this is something he would prefer not to be doing so I'm proud of him for taking it on because it makes my life easier. By tomorrow he will be a pro and by Tuesday he should be pretty cocky with his new found skill. He said the shot action was similar to using a nail gun!!! Thank you! The fert report this morning seems like it was good. I'm a little unsure if we will have any to freeze but we should have a good selection to transfer. (1) did not divide, (2) 3 cell, (8) 4 cell and (3) 5 cell. 2 have lots of fragmentation; 5 look pretty clean and the rest are minimally fragmented. If you have experience in these matters I would be very grateful for some feedback. I read so many wonderful blogs and, as you all do, I really get caught up in peoples stories. I feel so grateful that things are going well for me and while I am realistic that it could all go perfectly and still not work, I am operating in NBHHY mode. I am saddened when things don't go as planned for my some of my favorite bloggers but am hopeful for them that somehow things will work out alright.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

Your fertilization report sounds pretty good.

The PIO isn't that bad... my hubby has been giving me my shots and for the most part, no problems. He does a pretty good shot for a non-medical kind of guy.

Good luck and hope your embryos continue to divide with minimal fragmentation!

1/15/2006 03:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you never have to know what IVF#2 is like and you find much success with these lovely embryos.

Good luck with everything.

My thoughts are with you.

1/15/2006 06:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should also have some to freeze. Five cells sounds pretty fast for end of day 1 so I wld be cautiously optimistic. I don't know what ours looked like at this stage but by morning of day 3 we had 2 8 cell, one 7 one 6 and one 5.

1/16/2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Sounds like everything is going well for you. Since I'm about a week behind you on the IVF train, I don't have a lot of advice as far as your embryos. But, please know that you've helped ease my mind a little about the PIO shots. I've been a bit worried about those. Glad to hear they weren't too bad for you.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your fertilization reports.

1/16/2006 07:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since my IVF cycle hasn't started yet, I don't have any "been there" kind of advice or input. But from what I read elsewhere - it sounds like things are moving along nicely.
Good luck!!

1/16/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Portlairge, it sounds like your cells are doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. I hope you have a good selection with plenty to spare -- and I hope one cycle's the charm for you. Even if B does become a master of the nail gun!

BTW, that link didn't work...

1/16/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Good fertilization report. Looks like you might have some to freeze.

Glad the shots are going well. I tend to ice up before the shot and I don't feel anything. Afterwards I put a hot water bottle and it helps. After about a week I start to bruise (it swells up) and it becomes very uncomfortable. I hope that isn't the case for you.

Good luck!

1/16/2006 01:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your embies sound BEAUTIFUL. It's Great and Amazing that you have FIVE that are "pretty clean."

Things are going great. I hope this is it for you!!

GO EMBIES GO!!!

1/16/2006 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger Portlairge said...

Thanks Kath
I fixed the link. Thanks.
Siobhan

1/16/2006 09:22:00 PM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Oh my gosh I just saw this. Thank you for thinking of me!

1/22/2006 01:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?