Subscribe to Fertility Shmertility

1/05/2006

Cycle Day 5

Rt Ovary-6 follicles 9x9, 8x7, 10x8, 7x7,8x7,8x8 Lt Ovary-6 follicles 7x6, 8x7, 9x9, 8x8, 7x7, 6x6 I tried to think of a title for this post, but frankly, I'm too tired. This morning I couldn't understand why I was still so exhausted (lupron exhausted) as I dragged myself to Dr Ding-Dongs office for a meeting with the dildo cam. I am thrilled with my response so far. Six follicles in each ovary, all fairly uniform in size. My first IVF yielded similar numbers but some of the follicles were much bigger than the others. Dr Ding-Dong told me to continue same dose of stims Thursday and Friday and then cut Gonal F and increase Menopur on Saturday. He said come back Monday for next appt. I think he saw the disappointment in my face. Monday is 4 whole days away. I responded so quickly last time and ended up having retrieval earlier than expected and then only got seven eggs despite 12 visible follicles, maybe because they were not mature. Anyway, he left and then came back and said he would be there Saturday morning if I wanted to come in. I took him up on the offer. That makes me so much happier. My favorite nurse, (I'll call her Nurse M. for now) called me with my lab results. E2-103. My God! No wonder I'm exhausted, I'm still verging on the lupron low. She said in light of this result, Dr Ding-Dong said I could wait until Monday to come in but that he would be glad to see me if I still wanted to come in. I'm going in. Four days is too long to go without the dildo cam!!!!! Seriously, I'd prefer to err on the side of over-monitoring. I know he is trying to save me some money but this is worth my piece of mind. Nurse M said "I'd do the same if it was me". It looks like my retrieval will be Friday the 13th. I hope it is. I'm not superstitious but I would take that as a good omen- Hey, I'll take anything as a good omen. Right now, I'm off to bed. I can feel my ovaries for the first time tonight. It's just an awareness that they are working hard, kind of a heavy feeling with the odd twinge. Tomorrow I'm hoping to wake up to that estrogen high you get before your ovaries become so heavy you need a sling to hold them up. More on my sling therapy over the weekend.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm all about the monitoring, too. My current RE does a lot more monitoring than my previous one, and I consider that a big plus.

Woo hoo for the 12 follicles. I hope your E2 gets going soon. Good luck when you go back tomorrow. Oh, and a Friday the 13th ER would be awesome.

1/06/2006 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

More monitoring is better than less. Go follicles!!!

1/07/2006 05:43:00 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Sounds like a great response. I don't know if I'd go in on saturday given your E2 is still so low, but you should do whatever makes you comfortable, this stuff is hard enough without any added stress.

1/07/2006 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Bastard blogger ate my comment. Oh well.

I said: Yay for 12 follicles, that is really good news. And that given your E2 is so low I'm not sure I'd go in, but that you should do whatever makes you most comfortable. And that i was born on friday 13th and that this friday is my birthday so I'd certainly see that as a good omen!

I do hope things keep going well.

1/07/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Bastard blogger ate my comment. Oh well.

I said: Yay for 12 follicles, that is really good news. And that given your E2 is so low I'm not sure I'd go in, but that you should do whatever makes you most comfortable. And that i was born on friday 13th and that this friday is my birthday so I'd certainly see that as a good omen!

I do hope things keep going well.

1/07/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Sounds right on target . . . looking forward to the sling therapy post!

1/07/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger MC said...

I agree the more monitoring the better. Sounds like the numbers are on track.

1/08/2006 02:41:00 AM  
Blogger April said...

Good luck to you! Thirteen is my lucky number...

I don't blame you for wanting the extra monitoring - but I have to say that I admire a doctor who is also looking out for a patient's pocketbook as well as her body.

Let us know how it goes.

1/08/2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Clover said...

Hi- found you via Flicka and wanted to say hi. 12 follies sound great. Good luck with the retrieval- are you still on track for Friday?

1/09/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger P. said...

Thanks for stopping by this weekend! Friday the 13th... what a great date for retrieval!

1/09/2006 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger P. said...

Darn blogger... I lost my comment :o(

Thanks for stopping by this weekend! I think Friday the 13th is a GREAT day for retrieval!

1/09/2006 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger P. said...

Third time is a charm... CRAP!!!

Thanks for stopping by this weekend. I think Friday the 13th is a great day for retrieval!

1/09/2006 08:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?