Subscribe to Fertility Shmertility

2/01/2006

OK, If you insist......

You know you've been a bad blogger when your blogfriends have to leave comments on your last post demanding an update. I've been spending my time reading everyone else's blogs. I feel that I just don't have much to write and I am in utter disbelief that I might actually be pregnant. I never thought I would ever say those words. I am so worried that this might be taken away from me at any moment. I was supposed to go back in this Friday for my second beta- a whole bloody week. Of course by Monday I was tearing my hair out so I called up and begged for another beta which I had yesterday. It was 905 for a doubling time of 1.77 days. That made me happy for about 10 minutes. Ms Prufrock delicately commented "Now :::ahem::: "all" you have to do is wait 2 weeks for the ultrasound." She must think I'm impatient or something!!!! I am scheduled for my first U/S on February 10th , which is 6 weeks exactly and even my wiley charms won't procure one before that. The nurse kindly pointed out that I might not see a heart beat so I could wait until the following week if I wanted to give it a few extra days and I said fuck no, thank you very much but I'd rather come in on the 10th and take my chances. My focus is now on gestational sac and at the very least that is what I hope to see. Moving away from the numbers for a bit, I already have fatigue of the sort where I want to lie down in the middle of my meetings and have a nap and I have ever so slight nausea of the sort where eating makes it feel better. That in itself is rather worrying as I wouldn't call myself a little slip of a girl. In other news, my darling B is taking me away on a romantic weekend here. I'm excited to see the gorgeous rugby bodies the talented rugby players do their thing. I will be the only sober spectator I expect and, our friends are thrilled to have a designated driver, but I'm not complaining about that. I am disappointed that Eire are not playing. B is a Sasanach so he will be cheering for them of course.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the beta numbers are strong! As for the romantic weekend - just think of all the stories you'll have to blackmail others with. Ah, the perks of being the DD.

2/01/2006 07:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great numbers! Your u/s is the day I should find out if my iui worked (I just can't say THE word, ya know?) So here's to good news for both of us!

Enjoy your weekend! yummy- hot rugby guys! =)

2/01/2006 07:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. I feel your pain re: waiting. Is it Monday yet?! Have a great wknd. Drool over some hot rugby ass for me, will ya?

2/01/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news on the fab beta. Hope the weekend is fab.

2/02/2006 01:50:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

GO Beta GO! Go BETA Go!

UM, Ms. PL-- Did I know you were a rugger fan?? I like you even better now! Sevens is a fast game.

I had a friend call me and ask me when we can go to the pub and watch some of the Six Nations matches, and I have to say, I was hard to think about being at a rugby event and not drinking.

Ireland is playing Italy this weekend in the Six Nations tourney-- so that's where they will be!

And can you stand it that Ireland vs England is SATURDAY, MARCH 18??? Hmph.

Have fun this weekend, and know that I am jealous of a good rugby weekend. Oh, and thanks for the update! I needed that!

2/02/2006 06:21:00 AM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Great numbers. I wish you could "relax" and enjoy them. Oh well. I know, anecdotally at least, that that is impossible. Happy Rugby weekend.

2/02/2006 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Great beta!! Hope you have a nice weekend. Can't wait to hear about your u/s.

2/02/2006 10:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wouldn't call myself a little slip of a girl" - I am so stealing that. At least to use in real life. I hear you on the tiredness thing, too. I feel like I could nap any time, any place.

Good news on the betas. I'll be eager to hear your ultrasound report.

Have fun this weekend.

2/02/2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's an excellent beta! Now that the fatigue and nausea are kicking in, make sure you get plenty of rest. Must be in tip top form in order to fully enjoy hot rugby player action!

2/02/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Sunny Jenny said...

That's great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

2/02/2006 01:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Portlairge. Thanks for the update -- and happy drooling on the weekend!

2/03/2006 02:12:00 AM  
Blogger Larisa said...

Wow! Congrats! Six days of terrible impatience until that u/s. Hoping everything looks wonderful!

2/04/2006 05:01:00 AM  
Blogger x said...

I am so glad the second beta went so well. I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes! Have fun this weekend.

2/04/2006 08:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!! My RE's office always does the first u/s at exactly 6 weeks. Best of luck to you.

2/04/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Love those numbers! I hope the weekend was a good distraction and lots of fun!

2/06/2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

Good luck at your ultrasound on Friday! I will think of you! Mine is this morning and of course I am a nervous wreck...imagining every possible thing that could go wrong.
Does the worrying ever end?

2/07/2006 04:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling... can you let us know how everything is faring??? I don't want to let my infertile paranoia loose just yet...

2/10/2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kellieandkids said...

Just checking it to see how you are. Please get back with us and tell us what is going on? We get worried out here in blogger land.

2/11/2006 10:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the ultrasound??? =)

2/11/2006 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger x said...

The blog world is attacking again - we NEED an update:)

2/13/2006 05:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?