Subscribe to Fertility Shmertility

9/15/2006

37 Weeks.

L is now full term and can come at any time. However, he seems to be totally comfortable in his Mammy's tummy despite the fact that she can't sleep and prowls the house at night. His Mammy also has a cervix that is completely closed so it doesn't look like anything is going to happen here anytime soon. My 37 week check went well. My blood pressure is good. I do not have a UTI. Beta strep negative. The hospital where I am supposed to deliver is full and they are diverting labor and delivery patients to the hospital where Brit*ney delivered. Aaaaaaggghh. Maybe I'm glad my cervix is still closed. Perhaps I should cross my legs as well, just in case. In reality, my doctor is not on staff at that hospital so I won't be going there but to another hospital across town which in Los Angeles terms means the other end of the universe depending on the time of day. I am not going to get upset yet because this crisis will hopefully have passed by the time anything happens in my nether regions. I do.not.want.to.go.to.the.other.hospital. The hospital where I am scheduled to deliver is one where I have worked since 1995 although I don't work there now, I still have ties there. It is an excellent hospital with great nurses and doctors. I know who my anaesthesiologist will be if I have a c-section in Sept 28th- I know he's great. I know who I don't want as my anaesthesiologist if I go into labor before the 28th and I have a couple who will come in for me. My friends who are great nurses will take care of me. If I go to the other hospital- I know no-one and the nurses have a bad reputation in general. As I said though, I'm not freaking out...........yet! I'd prefer to deliver in the car park of my chosen hospital than the VIP suite of the other one. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. In the meantime, me and my fat ankles are just hanging out at home, working part-time and waiting for the nesting instinct to hit. B wishes it would hit too. I'm a lazy slob!!! I'm still having mild cramping in the evening. So far it has amounted to nought. Have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get to deliver in your hospital! I would be devastated to have to switch now, and I don't even know anyone at ours- I just like it better. Good luck- and I hope that cervix gets in line and starts doing something for you! =)

9/16/2006 06:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm experiencing a lot of the same things as you right now -- the sleeplessness, the pressure, the still the closed cervix, and no nesting instinct! It's sounds like you're feeling ready, though, so I hope things move along for you soon. And that you get to deliver in your hospital of choice.

9/16/2006 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um yeah. My nesting instinct consists of me sitting in bed, gawking at my cankles while ordering Mr Limbo to bring me popsicles.

9/18/2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Boliath said...

B*stard ate my comment!!

Oh well it's probably bloggers way of telling me to stop rambling and just wish you well, good luck babe, such joy awaits you!

9/19/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

You're allowed to be "lazy" at this stage!

Good Luck in the final wait. May they have space at the hosp[ital of your choice.

9/19/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I'm so glad you're back. You were missed. Good luck these next few weeks. You and the babe will be in my thoughts and I will be hoping that the hospital-thing works itself out!!

9/20/2006 11:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?